Human Resources

Sorry, this page has moved!
Please click here to go to the new location.


How do I apply for a job?

When applying for a job, thoroughly complete the employment application and supplemental questions. The City only accepts applications for currently open recruitments.  For a listing of current recruitments, go to Employment Opportunities.

Can I provide a resume to Human Resources?

The City only accepts applications for positions currently open for recruitment and a resume may serve as an attachment to an employment application.  Review the employment brochure for application requirements.

If a current recruitment does not meet your interest, you may fill out an online interest card to be notified of future recruitments with the City.

Must I complete an on-line application or can I submit a hard copy?

It is highly encouraged and preferred that applicants complete the on-line application.

How do I prepare for the testing process?

To prepare for the testing process, it is helpful to review the job announcement and job description to identify job responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary for the position.  You should also conduct a self-assessment of the related competencies you specifically possess which are transferrable to the position for which you are interviewing.

You might also find that gathering information about the Division, Department, and City is helpful.

Practice your interviewing skills with a friend or family member.

What kind of benefits does the City offer?

The City offers benefits for employees appointed to regular positions, as per the assigned bargaining unit for the employee's job classification.  Please refer to the Employee Benefits Information document.

Does the City require my fingerprints to check for criminal offender record information?

As part of the reference checking process (prior to a job offer), the candidate must pass a fingerprint screening to check for criminal offender record information with the California Department of Justice and the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

Does the City check my driver's license with the Department of Motor Vehicles?

If the position you are applying for requires a California Class A, B, or C driver's license, the City will require verification from the Department of Motor Vehicles.

How do I find out about job postings?

The City of Livermore's Human Resources "Employment Opportunities" webpage is updated on a continuous basis and is subject to change at any time without notice. If you are interested in jobs besides what is currently listed, you may complete an online interest card to be notified by email at the opening of such recruitments. Be sure to keep your applicant profile up-to-date with your current e-mail address.

The Human Resources Division maintains a folder of job announcements received from numerous agencies. Visit us in City Hall to view these announcements. Other employment resources include:

What is an Interest Card?

An Interest Card is an on-line tool to request e-mail notification when a specific job classification opens for application.

Does the City offer internships?

The City may have internship opportunities in specific departments, depending on the needs of the City.  Internships are unpaid and listings may be found under "Volunteer Opportunities."

I'm interested in volunteering for the City. How do I become a volunteer?

The City may have volunteer opportunities for specific assignments from time-to-time.  Please check out listings under "Volunteer Opportunities."   You may apply for one or more specific volunteer opportunity postings.

There are many great reasons to get involved in your community and local government.  When you volunteer for the City of Livermore you are not only lending a helping hand, but you are giving something back to your community.

Volunteers are unpaid because they are priceless!