Community Development Department

Special Events

Special Event Permits 
On or within the public right-of-way or other publicly owned property:

 Livermore has many special event venues for concerts, races, festivals, and parades. Venue locations include our historic downtown, our walking/bicycle trails, parks and scenic countryside. A Special Event Permit shall be obtained before conducting athletic events, parades, and public assemblies which occur on or within the public right-of-way or other publicly owned property, in compliance with LMC Section 12.45.120 (Permit required).

Special Event Permit Applicantion Information Packet
Special Event Permit Application
Special Event Electrical Request Form

Tourism and Special Event Grants

The City of Livermore is pleased to announce the availability of the 2014-2015 Tourism and Special Event Grants. Under this program, five (5) grants of $1000 each will be awarded to organizations that successfully demonstrate that their event will directly benefit Livermore downtown businesses and local wineries. Events must at least: 1) be held within the grant period between July 1, 2014-June 15, 2015; 2) generate the largest attendance (minimum of 1,000 expected attendees); and 3) encourage tourism to the area. Grant funds cannot exceed fifty percent (50%) of the event expenses and groups must demonstrate that at least fifty (50%) of the event expenses will be generated from other sources.

Organizations interested in being considered must submit an application form along with supporting documentation to Theresa De La Vega, Economic Development Specialist, 1052 S. Livermore Avenue, Livermore, CA 94550. The application period is May 12-30, 2014. Completed applications must be received no later than 5:00 p.m. PST on May 30, 2014 to be considered.

The application form and guidelines are now posted on the City of Livermore website and is also available at City Hall, 1052 S. Livermore Avenue, Livermore, CA. For questions or to request a copy of the application form, contact Theresa De La Vega at phone number (925) 960-4049 or via email at

 Temporary Use Permits
 On or within private property:       

Short term activities or temporary uses are allowed on private property, subject to the issuance of a Temporary Use Permit, and only when conducted in compliance with Section 9.09.090.
Entertainment events: Amusement rides, arts and crafts exhibits, auctions, carnivals,circuses, concerts, fairs, festivals, flea markets, food events, outdoor entertainment/sporting events, and other similar events as determined by the Director for a period not to exceed 10 days twice per year, separated by at least 30 days between uses. These events shall be conducted at least 200 feet away from any residence.

Temporary Use Packet