| || |
Housing & Human Services
Assistant Community Development Director
Housing & Human Services Manager
(925) 960-4580Jean Prasher
Human Services Program Manager
(925) 960-4590Frances Reisner
Senior Management Analyst
1052 South Livermore Avenue
Livermore, CA 94550
(925) 960-4104 TDD
(925) 960-4419 fax
Monday to Friday
8:00 AM to 5:00 PMClosed on Holidays
The mission of the Housing and Human Services Division (HHS) is to produce, preserve, and support affordable housing to help low-income, homeless, senior and disabled Livermore residents. HHS also administers contracts with community organizations to assist low-income residents to obtain necessary services for children and youth, singles and families, seniors, and those who have special needs.
- The Alameda County Housing Authority is accepting applications January 21, 2015 - February 4, 2015 from seniors and disabled persons interested in being placed on the Project-Based WAIT LIST for 1-bedroom units. These units will be affordable to seniors and disabled low-income households only. Click here for more information.
- The Livermore Housing Authority Project-based WAIT LIST is currently open for 3, 4, and 5 bedroom units at Leahy Square.
- Coming soon! Four, duet-style 3-bedroom homes for sale under the Affordable Homeownership Program for low to moderate income, first time homebuyers. For qualifications and program information, please visit our Affordable Homeownership Opportunities webpage.
- Funds are now available in amounts up to $40,000 in Mortgage Assistance for First Time Home Buyers with gross household incomes up to Moderate Income (120%AMI)!
- CalHome Mortgage Assistance up to $55,000 for low-income (80%AMI), first time homebuyers is available to assist with purchasing a market rate home in Livermore.
- CalHome Program de Ayuda Hipotecaria Para Primeros Compradores
HHS provides assistance to homebuyers, through a variety of programs, including the City’s Affordable Homeownership Opportunities and Mortgage Assistance programs. If you're seeking First Time Homebuyer Education, please contact a HUD Certified Counseling agency near you.
The City will assisst homeowners by providing low interest rate Rehabilitation Loans and Grants.
If you are having trouble paying your mortgage, please contact a mortgage default counseling center. California Housing Finance Agency also has programs that may assist, please visit their website at www.KeepYourHomeCalifornia.com
HHS publishes the Tri-Valley Rental Housing Opportunities Guide to assist residents with locating affordable rental apartments and other Rental Assistance programs and services.
If you're looking for a list of multi-family complexes in Livermore click here.
Livermore Homeless Refuge provides shelter during inclemet weather between November 1st and April 30th. Please call (925) 292-0265 for locations and days open.
Emergency one-night Motel Vouchers may be accessed through these agencies.
Homeless Veterans with Families click here.
The Housing Resources page lists agencies offering emergency and crisis housing and shelters.
2011 Tri-Valley Human Services Needs Assessment. The report reviews current human services, identifies gaps in services, and addresses opportunities for improving services in the Tri-Valley.