Apply For Membership

Sorry, this page has moved!
Please click here to go to the new location.

Apply For Membership

How to Apply for Membership

Applications for advisory bodies are always welcome. You may submit an application to the City Clerk at any time; applications are retained for one year.  Applicants are required to attend a meeting of the Advisory Body for which they plan to apply, prior to submitting an application.  Members must reside within the Livermore city limits, with the exception of the Livermore Area Youth Advisory Commission (youth members must attend Livermore schools and are not required to be residents of the city).

When a vacancy occurs, applicants will be contacted by the City Clerk's Office to arrange an interview with the City Council Subcommittee.

Upon completion of the interview process, the City Council Subcommittee makes a recommendation at a regular meeting of the City Council for confirmation of the appointment and the new volunteer is administered the Oath of Office.


To complete an application for the Commission for the Arts, please click here.

To complete an application for the Planning Commission, please click here.

To complete an application for the Youth Advisory Commission, please click here.

To complete an application for all other advisory bodies, please click here.

Please note that some advisory body members are required to file a Statement of Economic Interests (Form 700), a public document disclosing certain business, property and investment holdings which might conflict with the member's decisions.