Apply For Membership

Apply For Membership

How to Apply for Membership

Applications for advisory bodies are always welcome. You may submit an application to the City Clerk at any time; applications are retained for one year.  Applicants are required to attend a meeting of the Advisory Body for which they plan to apply, prior to submitting an application.  Members must reside within the Livermore city limits, with the exception of the Livermore Area Youth Advisory Commission (youth members must attend Livermore schools and are not required to be residents of the city).

When a vacancy occurs, applicants will be contacted by the City Clerk's Office to arrange an interview with the City Council Subcommittee.

Upon completion of the interview process, the City Council Subcommittee makes a recommendation at a regular meeting of the City Council for confirmation of the appointment and the new volunteer is administered the Oath of Office.

Current Recruitment

Airport Commission -  ensures the continued quality and viability of the Livermore Municipal Airport as a valuable asset to the community and region. The Commission advises City Council and staff on Airport operational policies, economic growth and development, public outreach, and maintenance of Airport properties and adjacent areas.

Next meetings: May 14, 2018, and June 11, 2018, 12:00 pm, Airport Administration Building, 680 Terminal Circle

Beautification Committee – the committee's mission is to preserve the natural beauty and habitat of Livermore. The Committee reviews and recommends to City Council: beautification projects for parks, roadsides, medians, city gateways, and standards for landscape maintenance districts. Public outreach achievements include Arbor Day and annual appearance awards.

Next meeting: June 6, 2018, 6:00 pm, Maintenance Service Center, 3500 Robertson Park Road

Commission for the Arts – encourages and facilitates cultural programs that enrich the community. The Commission promotes Livermore as a vibrant and stimulating environment for artists and audiences, young and old, to experience the performing, visual, and literary arts.

Next meeting: May 22, 2018, 4:30 pm, Civic Center Library, 1188 S. Livermore Avenue

Historic Preservation Commission – responsible for identifying, protecting, and preserving Livermore’s historic resources. Their successes are visible in the beauty of Livermore’s historic structures and landmarks.

Next meetings: May 3, 2018 and June 7, 2018, 7:00 pm, City Council Chambers, 3575 Pacific Avenue

Library Board of Trustees - helps to set goals and objectives for the broad variety of services and programs the Library provides and recommends policy modifications to City Council.

Next meeting: May 24, 2018, 7:00 pm, Civic Center Library, 1188 S. Livermore Avenue

Livermore Area Youth Advisory Commission - Adult and Youth vacancies  - brings together youths and adults, and private and public sectors of the community to address responsibility for the care, health, safety, welfare and education of Livermore’s young people. The Commission consists of 15 youths (ages 12-20) and three adults, and creates a forum for ideas and interests that are communicated to City Council.

Next meetings: May 7, 2018, and June 4, 2018, 7:00 pm, Robert Livermore Community Center, Elbow Room, 4444 East Avenue

Applications must be received in the City Clerk’s office by 5:00 pm on Friday, June 15, 2018.
Must attend at least one meeting of the advisory body applying for before submitting an application and must reside within the Livermore city limits. Interviews tentatively scheduled the week of June 18, 2018.

 For more information, please contact the City Clerk's office at 925-960-4200.


To complete an application for City Historian, please click here.

To complete an application for the Commission for the Arts, please click here.

To complete an application for the Planning Commission, please click here.

To complete an application for the Youth Advisory Commission, please click here.

To complete an application for all other advisory bodies, please click here.

Please note that some advisory body members are required to file a Statement of Economic Interests (Form 700), a public document disclosing certain business, property and investment holdings which might conflict with the member's decisions.