The City Clerk's Office is the primary point of contact for the public and staff regarding City Council actions. We respond to public requests for records and maintain and produce documents that enable the public to participate in local government.
Our Responsibilities Include
- Prepares and publishes City Council/Livermore Successor Agency agendas and packets of supporting information.
- Ensures that City Council/Successor Agency meetings are conducted in accordance with the Brown Act.
- Publishes all legal notices related to public hearings or other actions of the City Council.
- Records actions taken by the legislative body.
- Preserves and protects City public records.
- Maintains and indexes Minutes, Ordinances and Resolutions adopted by the legislative body.
- Ensures municipal records are readily accessible to the public.
- Responds to requests for public records.
- Serves as Election Official for the City.
- Conducts all municipal elections.
- Assists candidates in meeting their legal responsibilities before, during and after an election.
- Serves as filing officer for campaign statements (for elected officials).
- Maintains conflict of interest statements for elected officials, a variety of City volunteer advisory bodies, numerous City employees and certain consultants.
- Civil Marriage Ceremonies. - Temporarily unavailable.
- Passport Acceptance Office. - As a result of staffing changes, passport services have been suspended until further notice.