| || |
Elections for City Council
The City of Livermore's General Municipal Elections are conducted in even numbered years. The next election will be held in November 2014.
The City Council consists of four Councilmembers and a Mayor. Councilmembers serve four-year terms and the Mayor serves a two-year term. The Mayor and Councilmembers are elected at-large. They also serve as the members of the City's Successor Agency to the Livermore Redevelopment Agency.
The City Council is the legislative body and makes laws and policy decisions through the enactment of ordinances and resolutions. The City Council adopts the City budget, represents the City on County and regional governmental agencies, hosts ceremonial occasions, and carries out a great variety of other municipal responsibilities. City Boards, Commissions and Committees assist the Council by:
- Advising on matters within their area of responsibility and interest, as prescribed by the City Council and its ordinances.
- Helping focus attention on specific issues and problems and recommending actions and alternatives for Council consideration.
- Acting as channels of communication and information among City government, the general public, and special interest groups.
- Providing direction toward achievement of City-wide goals and objectives.
- Encouraging broad citizen participation in the definition and formulation of City goals.
- Balancing community needs and desires with municipal responsibility and resources.
Voter Registration Information
You may now register to vote online through the Secretary of State webpage: http://registertovote.ca.gov/
My Voter Profile
The Alameda County Registrar of Voters is now offering a new service to voters. By visiting their My Voter Profile page, you may:
- Look up your polling place
- Download your sample ballot
- Check the status of your vote by mail ballot
- Change your preferred language
- Opt out/Opt in to receive your sample ballot by mail
- Look up which districts you are eligible to vote in
To access this service, go to: http://www.acgov.org/rov/profile.htm
Current Election Results
To view results from the most recent election, visit the Alameda County Registrar of Voters web page by clicking the following link: http://www.acgov.org/rov/current.htm
| || |