| || |
Does Your Family Need Our Services?
- Is your family having problems or conflicts?
- Is your child or adolescent beyond your control, running away, having school or emotional difficulties?
- Does your family need to talk with a licensed mental health professional about current or on-going issues that are affecting them?
- Do you feel like your parenting skills aren't working with your strong willed child?
- Would you like to join an evidence-based support parent training group for parents with at-risk youth?
- Are you in need of additional information regarding:
- Adjustment Problems
- School Difficulties
- Peer Relationships
- Grief and Loss
- Self Esteem
- Community Resources
There is no cost to indigent families in the Tri-Valley Area. The cost of the service is funded by the State to the Alameda County Probation Department and the Cities of Livermore, Pleasanton, and Dublin.
WHOLE FAMILY CONCEPT:
Horizons philosophy is to work with the entire family. So, even though an at-risk youth is the identified client, the case manager will also link parents to resources because each person is affected by the behavior of another family member in the family system.
- Services to avail services to youth/family
- Assessment to determine youth/family strengths
- Planning to develop a comprehensive individualized treatment and service plan
- Linkage to necessary services and treatments and informal support services
- Provides transportation services if the family is indigent
- Coaches parents to access sophisticated systems – such as managed care, East Bay Regional System, 3632 Process, IEP process in the local school districts
- Advocates to intercede on behalf of youth/family to ensure equity and appropriate services
- In exceptional cases, can provide concrete service funds for one-time emergency relief in a crisis situation or for resources to support the case plan
- Monitors families to promote self sufficiency and personal responsibility
- Case manager is bilingual (Spanish and English) REFERRALS:
Parents may self-refer themselves by calling 371-4747. Referrals may also be made by a school, local law enforcement agency or other community based agencies.
HOURS OF SERVICE:
Case Management Services are available Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. at Horizons Family Counseling, 1110 S. Livermore Ave. Livermore, CA.
For over a decade, Horizons has provided an “outreach” counselor at schools throughout the Livermore Valley Joint Unified School District. Since 2000 we have worked on the campus of Del Valle/Phoenix High School in Livermore and more recently we have expanded our coverage area to include middle schools and the charter school. The Horizons on-site counselors work five mornings a week at the schools and provide crisis intervention and counseling services. Students utilize counseling for a variety of issues - some are listed below:
Grief and Loss
- Adjustment Problems
If your family is interested in these or additional services that we provide please call us at (925)371-4747.
Counseling Intake Form
Notice of Privacy Practices
Aviso de Practicas Sobre la Privacidad
Consumer Information Statement
Delaracion de Informacion al Consumidor
| || |