We offer free, one-to-one computer training with library staff. These tutoring sessions are intended to teach basic skills required to operate a computer. Covered topics include using a mouse and keyboard, searching the Internet, creating an email account, word processing, using library databases, and more.
Registration is required. Each session lasts 30 minutes. There are 13 time slots throughout the week, subject to availability. Morning, evening, and weekend sessions are offered. Call (925) 373-5505 or come to the Civic Center Library to make an appointment. Appointments can be made up to one week in advance. Upon registration, patrons will be asked to fill out a brief form to let us know what they would like to learn. There is a limit of two sessions per week, per person.
In addition to in-person training, we offer other helpful computer resources to get you started with computer basics.
- Books 24x7 Digital books and videos in business, computer, technical and engineering topics. Certification and Compliance; Desktop & Office Applications; Graphic Design & Multimedia; IBM and Oracle Technologies; Internet & Web Development; Networks & Protocols; Programming Languages. Excel eBooks Word eBooks
- Adobe Online Courses (Gale Courses) Learn Acrobat, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, InDesign, Lightroom, Photoshop, or Photoshop Elements Free enrollment with your library card.
- Microsoft Online Courses (Gale Courses) Learn Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, or Word. Free enrollment with your library card.
- GCFLearnFree.org Teaches essential skills from Microsoft Office and email to reading, math, and more. Offers instructional tutorial with over 180 topics, 2,000 lessons, and 800 videos.
- digitallearn.org A collection of self-directed tutorials to increase your digital literacy and computer skills.
- Microsoft 365 Office Training Tutorial videos from MS Windows for Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.
- Stay Safe Online Learn tips to protect yourself, your family and devices.