| || |
Request Materials Through LINK+
Items that are either not found in the library catalog, or that are currently checked out, can be requested through other libraries using the LINK+ service. LINK+ is a consortium which establishes its own rules:
- There is a substantial fee ($115) for lost items
- Overdue LINK+ items cost $1.00 per day
- Item availability is determined by the owning institution
- It is possible to place requests on LINK+ items which are checked out or missing from the local collection.
How to Request a LINK+ Item:
From the Livermore Public Library Catalog:
- Search the catalog for the material you want.
- "No Matches Found" appears at the top of the search results screen
- Click on the LINK+ button on the right side of the search results screen
- LINK+ results page appears
- If "no matches found" contact the Information Desk for interlibrary loan
- If title is found
- Click the "Request this item" link
- "With which institution are you affiliated?" display appears.
- Use the drop down menu to select "Livermore Public"
- Click the "Submit above information" bar
- Enter your Livermore Public Library card information
- Choose the pickup location in Livermore and click "Submit"
- "Your request was successful" message appears
- " # libraries have this item" link lists which institution has the item.
- LINK+ automatically selects lending library
- Use this if you want to go directly to the other library on your own
Search the LINK+ catalog directly
| || |