The Livermore Public Library offers a number of regular programs and events for children. For program details, see the Children's Event Calendar and our 2017 Summer Reading Program Events Calendar.
Some of the programs offered on a regular basis are:
- Big Kids Wonder Workshop -- For grades 1-5. Storyteller extraordinaire John Weaver tells action-packed stories as he demos exciting experiments. Involves Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math (STEAM).
- Crafts and Games -- Creative activities for children pertaining to books, education, and entertainment.
- Create Lab -- For grades K-6. A pop-up makerspace and open learning environment where participants can creatively take charge of their own learning. A variety of tools are at hand to create, including a sewing machine at the textiles station, LEDs and batteries at the electricity station, and much more. The Library provides cardboard, perler beads, modeling clay, and other more traditional construction materials. The Create Lab hosts volunteers with a variety of skillsets so participants can learn new skills.
- Discover & Go -- Free or discounted passes to local museums and cultural institutions.
- Homework Help -- A free after-school program during the school year for students in grades K-10 to receive assistance in any subject from adult and teen volunteers. Computers for writing reports, a color printer for printing pictures, and school supplies are also available for students.
Find helpful research links for homework and reports at on our Homework Help web page.
Some resources may require a library card number when accessing outside of the library.
- Performances and Themed Events -- At these events, children can observe and partake in sing-alongs, puppet theaters, movies, and dress up as their favorite book characters.
- Summer Reading Bridge at Rincon -- During the summer, students may sign up for half hour slots to practice reading one-on-one with an adult Reading Coach on Mondays and Wednesdays from 12:30 to 2:30 at the Rincon Library.
- Summer Reading Game -- The Summer Reading Game provides incentives for children to continue to read throughout the summer.
- Storytimes -- A variety of storytimes are offered throughout the year at Civic Center, Rincon, and Springtown branches for children of all ages. Current storytime calendars with hours: English Spanish