| || |
Livermore Police Department – CrimeReports.com Disclaimer
In an effort to enhance community awareness and improve accessibility to information related to calls for police service in the City of Livermore, the Livermore Police Department (“the Department”) has partnered with CrimeReports.com to provide user-friendly, public access to crime data.
The Livermore Police Department strongly advises against using this information when making decisions regarding the safety of a given area. When reviewing this data the following factors should be considered:
- The data does not represent all of the crimes or information reported to the Department. Records which may be displayed on CrimeReports.com and the locations of incidents are largely based on the information provided by members of the community to the Department and do not contain a listing of all crimes that occur within the Department’s jurisdiction.
- Based upon both technical and legal requirements that protect certain crime related information the number of incidents identified within the CrimeReports.com system may not reflect the total number of incidents for the area. Incident addresses in the data have been generalized to the hundred block level to avoid the conveyance of actual incident location and addresses. All data visualization on a 100-block address reference system should be considered approximate and attempts to derive specific addresses are strictly prohibited. During any data range search a maximum limit of 500 records are displayed.
- The data may indicate an area where an incident was reported or used as a reference point versus the location where the incident occurred.
- Densely populated areas with a high volume of foot traffic may have more reported incidents. However, this does not necessarily mean more crime occurs in that area.
- Unknown addresses of incidents may have a default address of the Livermore Police Department, 1110 S. Livermore Avenue. The usage of the default address does not necessarily mean more crime occurs in that area.
- The Department discourages users from performing comparative analysis between different areas of the city or adjoining communities based upon the information provided by CrimeReports.com. The system does not provide a comparative analysis tool, and regional areas vary in size, population and density, making such comparisons extremely unreliable.
- The information provided is considered preliminary incident data and does not represent statistics submitted to State or Federal Agencies. The data is subject to change for a variety of reasons, including but not limited to; late reporting, reclassification of incidents, and errors.
- Information provided by CrimeReports.com pertaining to “sex offenders” is gathered by CrimeReports.com from the State of California Department of Justice Megan’s Law website and is not managed or updated by the Department. Additional information may also be obtained at www.meganslaw.ca.gov.
- The Department makes no representations, warranties, implied or otherwise, nor guarantees of any kind, express or implied, as to the content, sequence, accuracy, reliability, timeliness or completeness of any of the information or data provided herein. The user of the following pages should not rely on the information or data provided herein for comparison purposes. Any reliance on the information or data contained herein is strictly at the user's own risk. The Department further explicitly disclaims any representations or warranties, including, without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability, quality, or fitness for a particular purpose.
The Department does not assume and is not responsible for any liability whatsoever, or for any errors, omissions, or inaccuracies in the data and information provided, regardless of how caused. Furthermore, in no event will the Department be liable for any loss or damage, including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the direct or indirect use of these pages. The Department will not be responsible for the direct or indirect use of, or the results obtained from the direct or indirect use of, the information or data. The Department shall assume no liability for any decisions made or actions taken or not taken by the user of the website in reliance upon any information or data furnished hereunder. Any use of the information or data for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited.
| || |