Crime Prevention


How do I start Neighborhood Watch in my neighborhood?

  1. Speak with your neighbors and get an idea for who will be willing to participate and select a Block Captain.
  2. Then choose a couple of dates/times that work for the majority of the group.
  3. Call the Crime Prevention Office at 371-4978 to set up your first Neighborhood Watch meeting.

How do I volunteer with the Police Department?
You must first complete our Citizens Police Academy.  The academy is currently offered two times a year.  More information can found here.

How do I find out about crime statistics in a particular neighborhood?
You can look at the crime maps located on the website.

How do I report graffiti?
Report graffiti to the graffiti hotline at 960-8060 or use the Maintenance Request Form.

I need to complete a community project or need to do community service hours. Can I do this service through the Police Department?
The Police Department does not have a program set up for citizens to participate in community volunteer hours outside of our formalized volunteer program.