Police FAQ

Sorry, this page has moved!
Please click here to go to the new location.

Police FAQ

How can I contact the Red Cross?

For non-emergencies and other inquiries, please call (888) 443-5722

How can I find out about local police and emergency related incidents?

To receive public safety alerts via text or email sign up for Nixle.

How can I get a copy of my criminal history information?

Citizens wanting information regarding their criminal history can call Consolidated Criminal Histories 510-667-3190 or website:

How can I report annoyance phone calls such as telemarketers and sales persons?

Report these types of incidents to the The Annoyance Call Bureau 800-348-8727 or access their website at:

How do I file for a Restraining Order?

Restraining Orders are managed by the Alameda County Courts.  Use this link for more information. 

How do I register a firearm?

Call Department of Justice Firearms Unit (916) 263-4887 or access their website at:

I am looking to see if a family member has been arrested. Where can I call?


If you are trying to find someone who has been arrested in Alameda County you can access the county website at:

I need assistance finding housing. Where can I go for this?

The City of Livermore Housing and Human Services Division offers a wide array of services and information. This information can be accessed with the following link.

I need to pay a traffic ticket, how can I do this?

To look up citations, pay your ticket, or find general court information in Alameda County you can access this information through the Alameda County Court website at:

Is there a service to help me with my PG&E bill?

REACH is a one-time energy-assistance program sponsored by PG&E and administered through the Salvation Army. You can call at 1-800-743-5000 or on their website at:

Where can I find information on a License to Carry a firearm?

The Police Department Policy regarding a License to Carry a Firearm can be found here.

Where can I find information on a shelter?

For immediate assistance, you can call the Tri-Valley Haven Crisis Line at (925) 449-5842 or (888) 884-8119 or access these websites: 19

 Shepherds Gate

Trivalley Haven

Homeless shelter directory

Where can I find local ordinance information?

For noise violations, neighborhood preservation ordinances or other city code information you can find them at:

Where can I get my fingerprints done in Livermore?

You can call Livermore Livescan at 925-447-7226 or their website at Livermorelivescan. Outside of Livermore you can access several locations on this website IBT Fingerprint.