| || |
| |Sorry, this page has moved!
Please click here to go to the new location.
Annual Airport Open House & Air Show
2014 Airport Open House to be postponed until October 3, 2015
The City of Livermore, Airport staff and tenants have in past years always invited the Tri-Valley community to celebrate their annual Airport Open House and Air Show on the first Saturday of each October from 10:00 AM until 4:00 PM at the Livermore Municipal Airport. The Open House features exhibits, food, entertainment, and a fabulous display of aircraft. Unfortunately, for 2014 we must cancel the event, but for very exciting reasons! After a period of over 25 years without any aviation facilities being constructed at the Livermore Airport, three successive building construction projects are now scheduled. Construction of the new Airport Administration building and restaurant is already underway. The construction plans for Livermore Aviation Services' 6-unit corporate hangar facility are being reviewed for building permit issuance and this project is anticipated to break ground in June or July. Plus, the site plan and design for the first phase of Five Rivers Aviation's FBO facility was reviewed and approved by the Planning Commission, and construction is anticipated to commence in July or August.
During early staff preparations for the 2014 Airport Open House & Air Show, it became apparent that all of these projects would be under construction simultaneously at the time of the event. The associated construction staging areas are all situated on the north side of the Airport and will therefore significantly limit event parking, reduce aircraft display areas and create security issues. Therefore, staff decided to postpone this year's event to October 3, 2015, when an entirely new series of buildings and services are in place.
In 2015 Livermore Airport will celebrate its 50th anniversary!! We hope you will join us October 3, 2015 for an even more exciting Airport Open House and Air Show event!
In the meantime, here are some highlights and information from previous Airport Open House and Air Shows:
- Performances by renowned air show pilots, vicky benzing aerosports, Rich Perkins (Attitude Aviation), and Carl Liepold Airshows
- Static display of general aviation, military/warbirds, antique/classic, experimental/homebuilt and aerobatic type aircraft
- Military/warbird fly-bys
- Parachute demonstration jumps courtesy of SkyDance Sky Diving
- Representatives from local flight schools
- Airborne law enforcement and air rescue aircraft
- LPFD Safety House
- LPD DARE car and mobile Community Outreach Vehicle (COV)
- Kid crafts, face painting, magic tricks and more by Woopsie Daisy Toys of Livermore & Bea Miille
- Classic/vintage automobiles
- The Food Truck Mafia mobile gourmet
Please enjoy this video link of the 2012 Open House highlights
and 2011 Open House highlights
, courtesy of Bruce Anderson.
This photo gallery of 2013 Airport Open House highlights is provided courtesy of photographers; Richard Jones, Richard Beebe, Barney Smith, and Leander Hauri.
| || |