Due to COVID-19 restrictions on large gatherings our 2020 Airport Open House & Air Show has been canceled.
It is with deep regret that we must announce the canceling of the 24th Annual Airport Open House and Air Show scheduled for October 3, 2020. With businesses closed and/or significant losses in revenue, at this time we cannot count on the same level of sponsorship that we have received in the past. This also includes our anticipated revenues from our extremely successful Hot Dog Thursdays that have now been canceled. We also anticipate a significant reduction in total airport revenue next fiscal year, and the savings from the event will assist in allowing us to maintain the same level of airport services. As you may recall, we normally start the planning process for the event in earnest this month which is why we are making the decision now. Please know the decision to cancel this year's event was not made lightly and we have every intention on having the Open House and Air Show in 2021, coming back even stronger.
Thank you for your understanding and please stay safe.
Airport Open House: Held annually on the first Saturday of October from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM. Free admittance. Plenty of free parking. We hope you will attend!
The City of Livermore, Airport staff and tenants invite the Tri-Valley community to the 24th annual Airport Open House and Air Show on Saturday, October 3, 2020 from 10:00 AM until 3:00 PM at the Livermore Municipal Airport. The Open House features exhibits, food, entertainment, and a fabulous display of aircraft. If you are interested in volunteering, either the day of the event or setting-up on the day before, or to display an aircraft, please click here to complete our participant application. A limited amount of space is available for arts/crafts vendors, non-profit organizations, boutique and gift item vendors, click for the Vendor Interest Application.
Click to view the Airport Open House & Air Show:
Highlights for Airport Open House and Air Show 2019:
- Performances by renowned air show pilots, TBD
- Static display of general aviation, military/warbirds, antique/classic, experimental/homebuilt and aerobatic type aircraft
- Military/warbird fly-bys
- Parachute demonstration jumps
- Representatives from local flight schools
- Airborne law enforcement and air rescue aircraft
- Livermore Pleasanton Fire Department Safety House
- Livermore Police Department Exhibits
- Kid Zone Activities, magic tricks, jump house
- Local Vendor Display/Information
- Mobile gourmet food from the Food Truck Mafia
- Wine Tasting - enjoy local wines from Livermore Valley Wine Growers Association
Please enjoy this video link of prior Open House highlights courtesy of Bruce Anderson.
Please enjoy this photo gallery of Airport Open House highlights, courtesy of photographers; Richard Jones, Richard Beebe, Barney Smith, and Leander Hauri.