Public Works Department
Sorry, this page has moved!
Please click here to go to the new location.
Livermore Airport Tours are available by appointment only
- Monday - Friday from 8:00am to 3:30pm
- Minimum group size (5) people
- Maximum group size (20) people
- Children must be at least 5 years of age
- Minimum of one adult per every 5 children under 10 years old
- Tours meet in the Airport Administration Building-680 Terminal Circle
The tours last up to 1 hour and consist of some or all of the following elements which can be structured based on interest and age level of your group:
- Purpose of General Aviation Airport vs. Commercial Airports
- History of the Livermore Airport
- Airport Safety
- Airport as a community asset and disaster response staging area
- FAA Tower Function
- City of Livermore function and staff duties
- Information on Airport programs and events
- "Fly-a-Leader" Program
- Young Eagles
- Vintage Aircraft Displays
- Airport Open House
- Collings Foundation Wings of Freedom Tour
- Careers in Aviation
- By request (requires minimum 30-days advance reservation), a brief presentation by one or more of the following may be available; Air Traffic Control (ATC), Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA), Civil Air Patrol (CAP), Alameda County Sheriff's Air Squadron, US Coast Guard Auxiliary Squadron.
- Principles of flight and parts of an airplane
- Build and fly a paper airplane off the observation deck
- Types of aircraft that operate from Livermore Airport
- Airfield tour (limit of 9 per tour)
For more information, email us at LVKairport@cityoflivermore.net. To schedule a tour, complete and submit the following form. Please allow 3-5 days for a response from Airport Staff. To better ensure that we can accomodate your request, do not submit requests for tours that are less than 10-days from today's date.