Water Billing FAQ

Water Billing FAQ

How do I view or pay a City of Livermore Water Bill?

City of Livermore Water customers may visit the online biller website to view or pay their City of Livermore Water bill.

How do I apply for a toilet rebate?

Livermore Municipal Water, the California Water Service Company, and Tri-Valley water wholesaler Zone 7 Water Agency have partnered to offer customers rebates on high efficiency toilets that use 1.28 gallons or less per flush. Click on the following link for more details and to download an application: Details and Application. Livermore Municipal Water customers may also obtain details and an application by calling the City of Livermore Finance Department at (925) 960-4320. California Water Service Company customers should contact Cal Water at (925) 447-4900. The Boy Scout Toilet Recycling schedule can be found here.

How do I start or stop water service?

To start or stop water service, call the Finance Department at 960-4320.

I have a high bill. How do I determine if I have a water leak?

Reading your water meter can help you detect leaks in your household plumbing. Click here to take the EPA 10 minute WaterSense Challenge to detect and chase down leaks. 

I have questions about my water bill. Who do I call?

Please call the Finance Department at 960-4320 with any billing questions.

I'm having problems with my water service. What should I do?

First, determine if the problem is local to your home, or if your neighbors are experiencing it as well. If many homes are having the same problem, inform the Water Resources Division of the problem by calling 960-8100, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. During other hours and on weekends, call 960-8160.

Where is my water meter? How do I read it?

The water meter is generally in a concrete box marked "water" on the lid, located near the curb in front of your home or place of business. By reading your water meter, you can tell how much water you use, and you can check for leaks. If you turn off all the taps, and the meter is still turning, you'll know that you probably have a leak somewhere.

To remove the lid, insert a tool such as a large screwdriver into one of the holes and pry the lid off. Visually examine the area around the meter to make sure there are no harmful insects or other animals. The water meter measures in units of cubic feet. One cubic foot equals 7.48 gallons. Your water bill is based on the number of units of 100 cubic feet used during the billing period. The abbreviation for 100 cubic feet is ccf, with one ccf equal to 748 gallons of water. Let's say, for example, that you check your meter and it reads 21,500. This number represents the total number of cubic feet of water recorded since the meter was installed. If, when you check your water meter again, you've used 1,500 cubic feet of water, the water meter would then read 23,000 cubic feet (21,500 plus 1,500). 

Who do I contact with Livermore Municipal Water billing inquiries?

City of Livermore staff may be contacted regarding Livermore Municipal Water billing inquiries Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM at (925) 960-4320.