| || |
Currently accepting applications for City Historian
Apply now through January 17, 2014
December 26, 2013
The role of the City Historian is to increase public awareness of the history of the City and community of Livermore. The duties may include:
· Making presentations to organizations and social groups
· Developing an education program for schools, including history walks
· Preparing and teaching adult education courses in local and regional history
· Providing articles on local history topics for publication in local media
· Assisting and providing resources to the City’s Historic Preservation Commission
· Supporting the endeavors of the local historical society
The person appointed to this volunteer position will serve a two year term and must be a Livermore resident. Qualified applicants will have experience presenting local historical information to community groups, teaching courses in local and regional history to students at schools or in community classes, or be affiliated with an organization associated with the advancement of the history of Livermore.
Applications are available at the City Clerk’s Office at 1052 South Livermore Avenue, on the City's website, or by calling (925) 960-4200. The deadline to apply for this position is January 17, 2014.
| || |