RESIDENTS OF LIVERMORE
The City of Livermore is accepting applications for the position of City Historian. The deadline to apply is November 22, 2019. The role of the City Historian is to increase public awareness of the history of the city and community of Livermore. Duties may include:
• Providing presentations to organizations and social groups;
• Developing an education program for schools including history walks;
• Preparing and teaching adult educations courses in local and regional history;
• Providing articles on local history topics for publication in local media;
• Assisting and providing resources to the City’s Historic Preservation Commission; and
• Supporting the endeavors of the local historical society
The person appointed to this volunteer position will serve a two-year term. Qualified applicants will have experience presenting local historical information to community groups, teaching courses in local and regional history to students at a school or community classes, or be affiliated with an organization associated with the advancement of the history of Livermore.
SAVE THE DATE!
Interviews will be held the evening of December 5, 2019. For more information or to apply, please visit www.cityoflivermore.net/AB, call the City Clerk’s office at (925) 960-4200, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.