Items that are either not found in the library catalog, or that are currently checked out, can be requested through other libraries using the LINK+ service. LINK+ is a consortium which establishes its own rules:
- LINK+ replacement fee for lost items: up to $115 per item.
- Loan Period: 21 days for books and some media.
- Loan Period: 7 days for selected media.
- Pick-up notices are sent by email or regular mail, depending on if your home Library has your email address.
- Item availability is determined by the owning institution.
How to Request a LINK+ Item:
From the Livermore Public Library Catalog:
- Search the catalog for the material you want.
- "No Matches Found" appears at the top of the search results screen.
- Click on the LINK+ button on the right side of the search results screen.
- LINK+ results page appears
- If "no matches found" contact the Information Desk for interlibrary loan
- If title is found
- Click the "Request this item" link
- "With which institution are you affiliated?" display appears.
- Use the drop down menu to select "Livermore Public"
- Click the "Submit above information" bar
- Enter your Livermore Public Library card information
- Choose the pickup location in Livermore and click "Submit"
- "Your request was successful" message appears
- " # libraries have this item" link lists which institution has the item.
- LINK+ automatically selects lending library
- Use this if you want to go directly to the other library on your own.
Search the LINK+ catalog directly: