Civic Center, Rincon and Springtown Libraries are all open, no appointment needed. The Easy Access Library at Springtown is not available at this time. Please check branch hours:
Civic Center Library
Monday–Thursday: 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Friday: 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Saturday: 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Rincon Branch Library
Monday: 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Tuesday/Thursday: 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Wednesday: 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Friday: 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: Closed
Tuesday: 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Thursday: 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Monday, Wednesday and Friday - Sunday: Closed
We are excited to announce the Civic Center Library, the Rincon Branch Library and the Springtown Branch Library are open for in-person visits, no appointment needed. If you do not feel comfortable entering the library, you may call or come to the front entrance of the Civic Center Library and ask staff to retrieve items for you.
Services Currently Available
- Visit to search the catalog, pick up holds or browse library materials and check out.
- Public computers are available. Printing from public computers is available. Copying/scanning/faxing is available at the Civic Center Library.
- Holds/book pickup – If your book holds are ready for pick up and you prefer not to enter the Civic Center Library, staff will assist you at the entrance. Give your Library card to staff and they will retrieve and checkout your held books and bring them out to you. If you have mobility issues, please call 925-373-5505 to let us know and we will bring your items out to your vehicle.
- Tax form pickup – Some tax forms have arrived at the library. Call ahead before making your trip, to ensure the library has your form in stock. Tax forms can be picked up with the help of staff at the entrance of Civic Center Library, if you prefer not to enter the library. See the Tax Help page for more information.
- Library of Things checkout.
- Limited study tables.
Services Currently Unavailable
- Study rooms, meeting rooms.
- Magazines at Civic Center Library (staff can retrieve – Reading Room is closed to public except as an emergency exit). Optionally, digital magazines are also available in OverDrive.
Onsite Visit Frequently Asked Questions
- Why aren’t you offering Easy Access onsite visits at the Springtown Library branch?
Easy Access will be resumed once surface cleaning requirements are relaxed.
- Why are you not offering Sunday hours at the Civic Center Library?
The resumption of these hours is pending availability of adequate staffing and supplies.
- What safety precautions are being taken?
- Disinfecting catalog computers, self-check computers, and other high touch surfaces periodically during the day.
- Why is food and drink no longer allowed inside the Library?
Food and drink are no longer allowed because we are limiting risk for unvaccinated visitors.